Juliet’s Jammies

Julia Boutwell, Author

There’s nothing better than spending all day in your comfiest pair of pajamas. As for Juliet, she’d agree and would like many other kids to be able to spend their days also wearing pajamas.

Juliet is a two year old cancer patient that was diagnosed with Leukemia in August of 2018. Unfortunately, Juliet has to go through many chemo treatments, so to lighten the experience she gets to wear a fresh pair of comfy pajamas each time.

One of her favorite things to do is pick out the pair she’s going to wear, and go around showing everybody. Somedays, Juliet’s parents have to change her pajamas 3-4 times a day because of the unpleasantries from her treatments, but a cozy new pair always puts a smile on her face.

Juliet happens to be the younger cousin of Oakmont Alumni Lauren Ladue. This month at Oakmont, SADD will be helping Juliet’s family gather pajamas, sizes toddler through teen, to donate to different pediatric oncology units in Massachusetts. The only requirement is that the pajamas must be NEW to be able to donate. Patients also prefer, button up, or zipper pajamas since they are easier to maneuver in during the treatments.

Juliet’s family hopes to reach their goal of 100 pairs of pajamas, so the pajama drive will be held December 10th-14th. SADD hopes to reach Team Juliet’s goal within one week so the pajamas can be distributed to the kids around Christmas time. Oakmont can help by donating, and by wearing their own pajamas to school on Friday, December 14th. Additionally, there will be a collection box located in four corners for any students looking to donate.

Help share Juliet’s love for pajamas, as well as make the first annual pajama drive a success. The more pajamas Oakmont can gather, the more smiles kids battle cancer will have.