Native Joe’s

The new Ice cream shop opened in late July and has been a pretty big hit…Come check it out!

Olivea Swanson, Author

In late July of 2018, Native Joe’s had its grand opening for its highly anticipated ice cream shop.

Olivea Swanson
A customer stands in front of a Native Joe’s enjoying her ice cream.

Located in the center of Westminster, Native Joe’s provides a variety of unique and delicious ice cream flavors. Some of the more popular flavors are, “Burnt Sugar and Butter, a unique toffee sugary flavor, Happy Couple, vanilla ice cream with heath bar and Reese’s, and Elvis’s Favorite, Banana Ice cream with Peanut butter swirl,” according to Sarah Bubnowicz, an employee at Native Joe’s and a Junior here at Oakmont. Nationwide, the most popular flavors consist of chocolate, vanilla, and cookies and cream. Those flavors are pretty common, so Native Joe’s adds uniqueness to its ice cream to bring in bigger and better business.

Native Joe’s gets their ice cream from Herrell’s in Northampton – a company making ice cream since 1973.

A flavor that Bubnowicz recommends to try is, “Mud Pie, espresso ice cream with a ton of Oreos and a fudge swirl.”

Native Joe’s usual hours are 11 to 8 on the weekends and 12 to 8 on the weekdays. But keep in mind Native Joe’s closes for the season around the end of October.

But not only does Native Joe’s offer ice cream, according to Bubnowicz, Native Joe’s offers ,“Fresh vegetables from Hadley Farm, and sell all organic snacks (beef jerky and tortilla chips), gardening and home goods, and penny candy.”

Native Joe’s has very friendly customer service and is always willing to put their customers first. They also have a place inside and outside to eat your ice cream. The inside has a rustic old barn kind of feel to it that is actually from the year 1825 showing off sculptures of all sorts.

Native Joe’s has been quite a hit since its grand opening in July. If you haven’t checked it out yet, then you’re crazy! Go check it out for some great ice cream and more! Native Joe’s is located in the center of Westminster next to the Westminster Pharmacy.

About the Contributor