Alltown: A New Edition to Our Small Town

Lindsey LaFrance, Author

Remember that horrible day on April 19, 2017 when the entire small town of Ashburnham went into a deep depression? Everyone was coffee deprived, running out of gas, and no more late night trips to the store.

On August 23, 2018 the new Alltown officially opened in Ashburnham. The Alltown is owned by the same parent company as Mr. Mike’s.

The fire that burned down the business started near the drive-thru window and speaker, but newspapers and the fire chief says that they still don’t know how the fire started. Luckily, no one got hurt in the fire.
Regardless, the Ash-West community, and especially Oakmont students, felt the void of convenient fast food and daily essentials.

Construction began at the end of February, 2018 and took almost seven months to rebuild.
The building is 6 Gardner Rd, Ashburnham-off of  Route 101, and has a gas station in front of it. In addition, it also has a drive-thru and car wash next to it.

Many people have visited the new building and company. All the reviews online are very positive.
The Alltown has Dunkin Donuts and sells many products including premade sandwiches and etc.

Not to mention the Alltown also offers a variety of drinks from teas to sodas, and also created their own website.

The Alltown company reaches all throughout New England including: Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.

Ashburnham Police Officer Boucher, believed this will benefit the town of Ashburnham, and his own appetite, joking: “Donuts! and gas.”

Oakmont sophomore, Kinsale Carney, 15 said, “It will definitely benefit Ashburnham—especially through a business lens.” She said she will make frequent visits saying, “I live in walking distance, so I could literally walk anytime I wanted to.”

When I questioned her about how it will affect the traffic of Ashburnham on Center St, Carney responded with, “Eh maybe, but I think it will be the same as when Mr. Mike’s was in business.”
Carney appreciated the Dunkin Donuts saying she would order often: “coffee, either iced or hot.”
Several other students also agreed they all like the Dunkin Donuts and believe it’s big inside.
Oakmont junior, Abby Shea, 16, said, “To go to Dunkins from the Gardner ice hockey rink is convenient, but to go all the way from Cushing to Dunkins is sometimes a stretch.”

Another Oakmont sophomore, Madelyn Ide, 15 said, “It’s convenient for school, if I ever want to pick something up.”

Today, students and faculty are finally now managing to stay awake in class and get everything they need from the local Alltown. It’s got everything Oakmont wants, but all students (and faculty) are reminded to be at school by 7:30 AM- no tardies allowed!