Supporting our Sports Teams this Fall

If you want to support our school sports teams but don’t know how you’ve come to the right place. As fall sports are heading towards mid-season, our sports need our support more than ever, and I’ll tell you how to do just that. 

Many teams have upcoming senior nights this month with two sports even having their last home game of the season this week. Field hockey on Monday the 2nd with JV @5:30pm, and Varsity @7:00pm, & cross country on Tuesday the 3rd @3:30pm. If you’re looking to plan ahead, senior nights for boys & girls soccer are on the 19th of this month. And if you’re looking for football, while they do have plenty more home games, their senior night will also be later this month. 

Some of us at this time of year are super busy, we get it, so if you can’t make it out to the games, but still want to show your support for the teams, don’t worry, many have started Instagram accounts to get word out about sport events and to share how the season is going with everyone. You can find Field Hockey: @oakmontfhock, Girls Cross Country: @oakmontgirls_xc, Girls Soccer: @oakgirlssoc, & Cheer: @oakmont_cheer. If you can, go follow them to show your support!

You might think that it doesn’t matter if you go to a game or not, but as an athlete myself, I can tell you that the more people in the crowd the more motivated we are to win, so please show your enthusiasm for Oakmont’s sports teams not just this season but this year!