Breaking News
  • April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Pep Rally Rocks Oakmont!

Mark Nevard
Mista Napa – Notice Superintendent Stewart ‘all in’ back left!

This past Friday, October 6, Oakmont had its annual Homecoming Pep Rally – hosted by Stuco and adviser Mr. Dan Dufour – featuring the marching band, a lip-sync battle, and the football team’s perfect play!

The Oakmont Overlook Marching Spartans performed a stand-still of their full field show, A Grimm Tale. The show featured music soloists junior Karl Sargent on trumpet and sophomore AJ Lasorsa on trombone. There were also two Colorguard soloists, Junior tumbler Ash Nolan and Senior Callie Robertson on sabre.

After the Marching Spartans performed and Spartan attired mc’s inspired the crowd,  Oakmont t-shirts were launched into the student section. Next was a pep rally highlight of the lip-sync battle fought between two groups: teachers vs. students. The teachers were the first group that went up, starring Mr. Pappas, Mr. Caouette, and Mr. Napolitano. They performed the song “Steal My Girl” by One Direction. The students were next, starring seniors Sam Curtis, Cooper Carignan, and Tanner Grimley. They performed the song “Party in the U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus. The students won by an audience vote, leaving the teachers quite disappointed. 

To wrap up the pep rally, the football team went up to show off their new play for the football game that night. The “ball” (a water bottle) was passed to sophomore Kevin Barriere who ran and scored a touchdown leaving the gym roaring with excitement!

Students were dismissed after the pep rally and all left with school spirit for the weekend’s Homecoming festivities!