• May 9Prom Next Saturday 5/18 at the Colonial Hotel!
  • May 9Varsity Baseball and Softball Cancer Awareness Game- Monday 5/13

Mrs. Bennitt’s Anatomy Class Dissection Lab

Leia Voyer and Sophie Prendergast make their first incision. (Aiyana Sanborn)

As Mrs. Bennitt’s Anatomy and Physiology class learned about the reproductive system on Friday 10/20, they did a lab to help them learn. This lab is dissecting bull testicles in different ways to identify the different components.

Rachel Simkewicz, Amaiya LeBlanc, and Gabby Romano take a quick break. (Aiyana Sanborn)

They had directions with pictures explaining every step of the way, along with Mrs. Bennitt’s close supervision. After each incision was made, the students photographed the identifiable pieces. Currently, they are working on a “Reproductive Map” where they can demonstrate the path of reproduction through mountains, valleys, and lots of colors!

Mrs. Bennitt saves materials for next Semester! (Aiyana Sanborn)

On Tuesday 10/24 the class turned to the feminine side of things by dissecting a cow uterus. Most people in the class preferred this, taking into account that it was a CLASS dissection led by Mrs. Bennitt and Mr. Napolitano instead of an individual group dissection.

One student volunteered to assist with the second dissection process. The student cut it precisely down the middle to expose the composed identifiables.

Safe to say, these students definitely got a hands-on learning experience. If you are interested in Veterinary or Anatomy work, discuss choosing Mrs. Bennitt’s class with your school counselor!

Mrs. Bennitt and Mr. Napolitano are getting their hands on a cow uterus (Rachel Simkewicz)