Breaking News
  • April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Oakmont StuCo kicks of the fall!

Homecoming StuCo Photo

Every year, our Student Council starts off strong and fast. In the fall, Oakmont hosts many events including Homecoming, Haunted High, Pep Rallies, Spirit Weeks, and so much more. This year, however, homecoming is sooner than previous years. That means our time for planning 4 events is about 2-3 weeks shorter. However, our Student Council has pulled it off. Decorations came in on time for homecoming.  Spirit days were relatively successful with high participation, including Mr. Caouette in his mojo dojo casa house classroom on Barbie vs. Oppenheimer day and many Mr. Carter clones. Sadly, the tailgate was canceled this year due to rain but there was still a girl’s soccer game that happened before the football game that students went out to support. The homecoming dance, A Night Around The World, was successful as well with many monumental decorations covering the cafeteria. However, the Student Council hasn’t gotten a break yet. Coming up they have Haunted High, Powder Puff, Turkey Bingo, Thanksgiving spirit days, a Thanksgiving pep rally, and a conference with other student councils in their region. While this is their busiest season of the year and they have a lot of work to do, they always do a great job and have fun doing it!