• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Entrepreneurship At Oakmont- “ORCO”

A little over a month ago, a group of Oakmont golf players, Owen Raymond and Colin O’Neill, started an Instagram account where they interviewed other players with random and silly questions. It strictly started as a Oakmont Golf page, but it quickly transitioned into what we now know as ORCO Media.

The group, after every home competition, interviews 2 players from whatever team is playing after their game. Some of the questions are about performance in their competition, yet the others include silly questions that the interviewee can either answer seriously or not.

Colin O’Neil on set! (Emily Leger)

The set up for the interviews starts before the competition is over so that they are ready whenever the people who are going to be interviewed are ready. They have a green screen to put in a background- designed by Ava Bjorkman.

Emily and I wanted a bit of inside info on the new startup, so we decided to go straight to the top and speak with ORCO’s CEO Owen Raymond. While talking to Owen he broke down a lot of what is going on behind the scenes. They have a main AV guy, Aiden Yakuben, who does a lot of the editing, filming, etc. Along with this they also have Ava Bjorkman who works on the art side of things including, making the logo, helping with merchandise, and more.

ORCO has a ton of people working behind the scenes. They have a crew of around 13 people along with a couple of “interns” who help out every now and then. ORCO says that they plan on covering things like Oakmont’s annual Powder Puff game as well as going to other local schools and talking to the student athletes there.

Lastly, Abby and I decided to look into their huge end goal for this project they’ve started. Sitting down with Colin and Owen they explained a bit of what they are looking to do long term. Colin went into depth clarifying that their goal is to make an app for all high school sports. The app would show things such as scores, stats, and player profiles- almost like a social media app. The Oakmonitor is super excited to see what these young aspirational fellows do with this gigantic project they’ve taken on!

View Comments (2)