Breaking News
  • April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Barbie Movie Review

What is the latest and greatest movie that everybody is raving about? Barbie! The new 2023 Barbie movie featuring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling seems to be the movie of the year. If you haven’t seen it yet, I definitely recommend it. The movie has a mix of the best humor and an amazing, heartwarming concept. Starting off with the first few scenes explaining the importance of Barbie in many young girls’ lives, and the way they would take care of their dolls in a playful way. Next, the movie shows the audience what Barbieland is; the home to all of the barbies, the Barbie dream house that Barbie lives in, and the Barbie beach. Everything in Barbie land consists of the color pink only. Later on, the audience gets a sneak peak into what the “real world” is, and so does ken. Ken takes advantage of this opportunity and wanders off to find that in this world, the men in the society have a more dominant position than the women. This is very eye opening for Ken, considering in Barbieland, roles are reversed. Ken brings this new patriarchy to Barbieland, and this changes everything. After numerous arguments between the barbies and kens, fighting over the Barbie dream house that ken has renamed to kens mojo dojo casa house, barbies come up with a plan. They take the kens one by one and persuade them with this empowering argument as to why everybody should be equal in this society and not one specific gender should be dominating. This movie really gives a new perspective to how the world is run and the way things could be reversed. I think the message of the movie overall is so empowering and creative. 2023s movie of the year will most definitely go down in history as one of the most eye opening, nostalgic films ever.