• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Marching Spartans Recieve Huge Score Jump at Reading High School

Gina Richey

On Saturday, October 28th, The Oakmont-Overlook Marching Spartans traveled to Reading High School to compete in another NESBA competition. This week the Spartans competed with Mansfield High School, Danvers High School, North Andover High School, and New Bedford High School. They received 2nd Place Overall and Best Overall Effect in their division after performing their show, A Grimm Tale. They also received an 8.76-point jump from the score they received at a competition in North Andover, 2 weeks ago, going from 83.86 to 92.62. This competition was extremely close, separating first and second place by just .07 points. 

On Sunday, November 5th, The Spartans will be attending their finals at Lawrence Veterans Memorial Stadium. This will be their last competition of the season and the last time they will perform their show competitively. Best of luck to the Marching Spartans as they head off to their Finals!