• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Benefits of Social Media

Specifically with teenagers, social media is used almost regularly. According to the GWI [Global Web Index], the average amount of time spent on social media per day in the United States is 2 hours and 14 minutes.

Because of this fact, people often talk about the negative effects of using social media. However, it’s not expected to hear about the many positive results of these apps…

• Social media can strengthen friendships and decrease isolation. While older adults may feel the opposite, it allows young adults to communicate with existing friends and meet new people with similar interests. This often results in feeling validated, which leads to a drastic increase in self-esteem. People can also seek support from others through online communities. This is very important, especially for struggling teens.
  • Social media allows people to express themselves regardless of their interests. Self-expression provides a sense of belonging and allows teens to be true to and happier with themselves. If someone doesn’t know anyone with similar interests or doesn’t know how to express themselves in person, they might begin to question themselves.
  • Specifically for high school students, it’s important to keep a positive online reputation. This can help with opening doors and attracting colleges or future employers (It’s important to know that social media can be used as a work tool).
  • These apps are also used for research and motivate people to build awareness. Many create videos or campaigns to make some sort of impact. With the help of technology, you can find information on a topic, create an idea, and post it on social media. Then these ideas can be exposed and used to help others all over the world.

In conclusion, the benefits of social media must be considered. Social media has revolutionized how we communicate with the world around us. The internet brings people together, helps with self-expression, advertises important clauses, and can even raise self-esteem. While it is essential to use these apps responsibly, it undoubtedly brings countless advantages.