• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Oakmonitor Staff Visits Overlook to help promote Wingspan

On Tuesday, eight Oakmonitor staff members were invited up to Overlook by Mr. Brett Duncan, Wingspan’s newspaper adviser. They were asked to talk about the middle school’s version of The Oakmonitor: The Wingspan. Duncan addressed the students during their lunch about the Wingspan as a terrific online journalism opportunity. When he was finished, The Oakmonitor staff members circulated the room talking to sixth, seventh, and eighth graders bout being a part of a fruitful, dynamic publication.

Oakmonitor staff members show their enthusiasm as they speak to Overlook students about the Wingspan. (Mark Nevard)

The Wingspan is Overlook Middle School’s student newspaper. Younger students need exposure to writing from their peers, which is why the promotion of the Wingspan is so important. The trip was a major success garnering 63 signatures for potential club members. They hope that The Wingspan can continue to grow and that their trip helped to kick-start this year’s club and be a pipeline for future Oakmonitor staff members.