• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 6:30 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

The Summer I Turned Pretty vs. My Life with the Walter Boys

Sophia Lamoureux

The Summer I Turned Pretty and My Life with the Walter Boys are two similar shows that are loved or hated by most. The real question is….which show is better?

Let’s get some insight into both of these shows. The Summer I Turned Pretty is available on Amazon Prime and is about a girl named Belly who has a love triangle with two brothers named Conrad and Jeremiah. The brothers argue and fight over Belly’s attention.

My Life with the Walter Boys is available on Netflix is about a girl named Jackie who comes to Colorado from New York after some of her family passes away. Jackie moves into the Walter Boys’ home where there are seven brothers and one sister. Two of the brothers, Alex and Cole both really like Jackie and eventually start fighting over her. 

Personal opinions on shows

I think that they are both very good shows but when someone asks me which one is better I would say  The Summer I Turned Pretty. I think The Summer I Turned Pretty is better because there are fewer boys and less drama, although, there is still quite a bit of drama in it. In The Summer I Turned Pretty, they have their happy moments and meet new people while in My Life with the Walter Boys, it is more stressful and more chaotic with the fact that there are so many brothers and family members from when Jackie lived in New York. In The Summer I Turned Pretty I think that Belly is very dramatic over her choosing of the brothers; I personally hate how she keeps going back with one another after something happens with one of the brothers, so it’s a big love triangle.  Even still, the boys want to get back together with her every time because they like her so much, but it’s so confusing to the viewer why she would do that to them. Both of these shows are very dramatic and it stresses me out at some points. The girls “Belly” and “Jackie” cannot make up their minds. 

– Aubrey Lauletta

Both of these shows are compared all the time but honestly, I liked The Summer I Turned Pretty more. The show had better writing and a better budget for sure. My life with the Walter boys isn’t that bad but there is just too much going on. One minute Jackie is in New York planning a party, and the next minute her parents are dead. She ends up having to move in with a bunch of strangers. The Summer I Turned Pretty has more context to it. The show doesn’t go too fast and it’s well-written. I also love how the show was filmed here in Massachusetts. The Summer I Turned Pretty also has amazing actors who play their roles very well. The Summer I Turned Pretty gives you reasons why you would wanna pick Conrad or Jeremiah, but in My Life with the Walter Boys, they don’t give you many reasons why Cole is better than Alex or the other way around. The Summer I Turned Pretty is a feel-good show and My Life with the Walter Boys is just a mess.

– Elizabeth Bonilla

What other people think about the shows

Isabella Rios- I liked The Summer I  Turned Pretty better because it was filmed here in Massachusetts and The Summer I Turned Pretty just makes more sense than My Life with the Walter Boys. I also think that My Life with Walter Boys is a little confusing and I can’t keep track of all the brothers and sisters.

Ms. Julie Ehnstrom-  I like the show I am Team Jeremiah because he’s just nicer than Conrad.

Mrs. Laura BoyceI like The Summer I Turned Pretty. I like Jeremiah better because he’s really cute, he’s more outgoing, and more caring than Conrad.

Ava CoteThey are very similar. I prefer The Summer I Turned Pretty the other one is corny and childish. 

Bailey Willyard- I like The Summer I Turned Pretty more but Belly needs to make up her mind

Most people chose The Summer I Turned Pretty and people haven’t seen My Life with the Walter Boys. A lot of people picked Jeremiah over Conrad and Cole over Alex, because of their looks, but also because of how much drama they caused during the show. Multiple people have been saying that The Summer I Turned Pretty is better than My Life with the Walter Boys and it is just trying to copy it. 

View Comments (1)