• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Sephora vs Ulta

Sephora vs Ulta

Sephora vs Ulta is like the ultimate beauty showdown. Sephora is more of the high-end beauty products and Ulta is more of a drugstore and just a little bit cheaper. But the real question is which is better? 

Students opinions

I asked multiple students for their opinions, and here is what some of them said. Freshman Adrienne Laramee gave her opinion about this matter, “I prefer Sephora because they have more of the new popular products!” Sephora 1-Ulta 0. Next, Freshman Bailey Williyard spoke about what she thinks is the better store “In my opinion Ulta is better than Sephora because they have more affordable prices but still the same good products as Sephora”.  The last person I interviewed is Caylin Joyce “Sephora has more brands that I use”

Facts about both stores

Although you can get your makeup done at both stores only Ulta will do your hair so are you getting more opportunities shopping there? Now both stores offer birthday gifts but which one has the better gifts? Sephora gives out a Kosas lip set, there is also Youth to the People skincare set, or you can get 250 points on your app. Ulta gives out you can get a travel-size smash box primer, a Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment, or a First Aid cleanser. At Ulta, you only get one mini vs at Sephora you could get a set of minis.

Statistics 

The poll from beautymatter.com states “Sephora surpassed Ulta for the No.1 preferred beauty shopping destination and held the strongest loyalty membership at 67%.”  The top beauty destinations voted were Sephora at 37% with Ulta falling behind at 32% and other drugstore brands beneath the two.

So which is better?

Personally, I think Sephora has more to offer. Sephora also had more popularity with the people I interviewed, But at the end of the day, it is just your own opinion.

View Comments (1)