• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

10 Things to do this summer

The+beach
Elizabeth Bonilla
The beach

1.  Six Flags New England

Six Flags is a great place to go with your friends and family. It’s a bit pricey, ($47 for a day pass) but worth it if you like amusement parks. They have a good variety of rides so if you’re scared you can go on the less thrilling rides.

2. Gardner Cinemas

On a rainy day, going to the cinema is a good place to go watch a movie, and eat popcorn with your friends. It costs $10 for one person and popcorn is around $8.

3. Gardner Ten Pins

Going to Gardner Ten Pins is another good place to go on a rainy day. It might be a bit pricey though. The pricing is around 30 dollars on the weekend for an hour. It is a good place to go for the day with fun for all ages and various additions such as an arcade, a bar, and a grill.

4. APEX

APEX Entertainment has many different activities that you can enjoy with your family or friends. These activities include an arcade, bumper cars, laser tag, rope courses, and many more. You can come in on a random day or for a party. You can even buy out the whole place!

5. New England Aquarium

Going to an aquarium is a good place to go with family if you love sea animals and learning about sea life. The New England Aquarium is the closest aquarium near Ashburnham and it is very popular. It costs $34 per person and $10 to go to the movie theater at the New England Aquarium.

6. Museums

Going to a museum is a fun thing to do if you love history and learning about various subjects. Some museums near Ashburnham are Gardner Museum, Fitchburg Art Museum, Museum of Fine Arts (Boston), and Museum of Science (Boston).

7. Sleepover with friends

Having a sleepover is a great thing to do with your friends. You can bake, watch movies, go on a walk, and play truth or dare. The best part, it can be completely free! Hanging out with your friends is great for your mental health and it helps get you out of the house.

8. Go on a hike

Going on a hike is a great way to exercise and enjoy the sunny weather. Spending time outside reduces stress and keeps your body healthy. Some hiking trails near Ashburnham are Dunn State Park, Leominster State Forest, and Wachusett Mountain.

9. Swimming

Swimming is a great way to stay active and exercise. Dunn State Park and Crocker Pond are good places to go for swimming. Dunn State Park is in Gardner and it is completely free. Crocker Pond is in Westminster and is for Westminster residents and their guests only. If your friend has a pool, you could have a pool party with your friends aswell.

10. Camping

Bring a tent, smores, and sleeping bags to go camping with your family or friends! You can go to a campground, or even set up a tent in your backyard for free. Cook some hot dogs or smores on the campfire and look up at the stars. Enjoy the night in nature.