• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Amusement Parks

fair+picture+
Cayleigh Imprescia
fair picture

Amusement Parks can be scary for some, but mostly fun for others. Personally, I love amusement parks for dates to hang out with friends or family. I will go on every ride, even if they’re really tall and extreme.

Here are some of Oakmont’s student’s opinions on amusement parks:

Caylin Joyce – They give nostalgia for my childhood and the scarier rides are more fun. 

Stella Deschenes – I like them but I don’t always like going to them because I am scared to go on some rides and the lines are always long. I mean, I don’t mind them, but it’s not my favorite thing.

Gabby – I enjoy them during the summer. I really like some of the rides but some of them are really scary, and I don’t like the lines, but they are always worth it. 

Elise Cooper – I like going to them because I like going with my friends, but I don’t really enjoy the rides.

Sophia Lamoureux – I like them but I don’t like how long you have to wait in the lines – especially at Disney.

Like I said, a lot of people like them, but they have their pros and cons.

Pros – They are fun, there’s good food, they have great ice cream and the desserts are so good. They have really fun rides to go on and some amusement parks also have a water park – like Canobe Lake. You can go with anyone, like friends, family, or even a date. If you stay long enough, the rides have really pretty lights and it looks amazing at night. 

Cons – EVERYTHING is so expensive – mainly the food and the souvenirs. A lot of people don’t enjoy the rides – it can get super crowded. It can also get really hot if you go on a bad day. The lines are super long. If you eat too much you can also ended up throwing up on the ride.

According to Google, these are the top 5 amusement parks.

• Disneyland
  • Disney World 
  • Six Flags
  • Universal studios 
  • Hershey Park