• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Rating Met Gala Looks!

Cayleigh Imprescia
Photo credit to: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/hollywood/news/met-gala-2024-theme-hosts-celebrity-guestlist-and-more-heres-all-you-need-to-know/articleshow/109868180.cms Screen-shotted from “Times of India”

The Met Gala is an event where celebrities come together and showcase their outfits based on a theme, this year’s theme was The Garden in Time. The Met Gala can seem kind of useless, but it’s usually a fundraiser to raise money for the cost of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in Manhattan. The Met Gala raised more than $26 million to fund the Costume Institute. So in this article, we are going to be rating these looks from (1-10). (We are not rating these looks in order from least to greatest) (These are also our personal opinions, you may have a different opinion than we did).

1. Cardi B- Cardi B dressed up as The Black rebellious Rose for this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- I rate this a (5/10) because I feel like she could have been better dressed. I don’t like how long it is and how it’s all on the floor picking up all the dirt and dust. 

Elizabeth-  I rate this a (4/10) because she was completely off theme her dress has nothing to do with The Garden in time. It has no flowers. I mean she looks good, but the dress doesn’t make any sense. 

2. Zendaya- Zendaya wore a Magnificent black gown to this year’s Met Gala. 

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh-  Honestly, her dress isn’t that cute in my opinion. Again it’s too long and I don’t like how parts of her dress are black and shiny and then other parts aren’t. I think it looks like a dress you would wear way back when, so I rate this look a (5/10).

Elizabeth- As much as I love Zendaya, this dress is a little interesting. I don’t like the huge flower bouquet that she has on top of her head; it just looks weird. I did like the other dress she switched into but I am going to have to give this one a (5/10)

3. Bad Bunny- Bad Bunny wore a Maison Margiela Artisanal by John Galliano Suit to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- I rate this outfit a (6/10) because it’s not a bad outfit. I don’t like the hat he’s wearing, don’t get me wrong, it matches the outfit well. I don’t like the white stitching on the outside of the jacket, it just looks a little funky to me. I don’t really like the red in his pants. It matches but it makes it look a little odd in my opinion. 

Elizabeth- To be honest he looks like he’s part of the 3 Musketeers, but it doesn’t look bad on him. I am not going to give him a high rating. He’s not on the theme and most men at the Met Gala don’t even follow the theme anyway, so (6/10)

4. Jennifer Lopez-  Jennifer Lopez wore a sheer Schiaparelli gown with sequins and beading on it to this year’s Met Gala. 

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- I give this look an (8/10) because it looks very beautiful on her and the sequins add a nice and glamorous touch to it. 

Elizabeth- HER DRESS LOOKS SO GOOD, she looks amazing the detailing looks incredible, and love the shape it fits her really well. I am gonna give her a (7/10) only because it’s not really on theme.

5. Gigi Hadid- Gigi wore an ivory gown to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)-  

Cayleigh- Gigi Hadid’s dress is absolutely beautiful and I feel like it matches the theme better than any of the other ones so far. I think it suited her very well and I think she looks absolutely stunning. I like how the long part is detachable, so if she doesn’t want it dragging she can take it off. I rate her outfit an (8.9/10).

Elizabeth-  Gigi’s dress looks absolutely amazing. She’s on the theme and she looks amazing. I love the detailing on it and how it’s also detachable this look deserves a (9/10)

6. Kendall Jenner-  Kendall Jenner wore an Alexander McQueen dress to this year’s Met Gala. 

Rate(1-10)- 

Cayleigh- I rate Kendall’s outfit a (5/10) because it’s nice. Don’t get me wrong, but I don’t really feel like it matches the theme very well and she just looks very stunning.

Elizabeth- This dress looks really good on her, but I feel like she could have done more and been on the theme. I rate this a (6/10)

7. Zendaya’s 2nd look- Zendaya changed into a 1996 Givenchy gown 

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- Zendaya is gorgeous, but honestly, I feel like this look is really nice I like how she’s matching the theme. The one thing I don’t really like is her makeup, but other than that I really like this look I rate it a (7.5/10).

Elizabeth- Honestly, I love her dress. I like how it’s a mermaid dress with green and blue detailing and color. It’s so pretty, the only thing I don’t like about this is her makeup it kind of makes her look scary. Other than that I love the dress so I rate this an (8/10)

8. Nicki Minaj- Nicki wore a golden yellow Marni minidress to this year’s Met Gala. 

Rate(1-10)- 

Cayleigh- Nicki looked absolutely stunning in this year’s dress. I love all the colorful flowers on the yellow dress. I just think it looks amazing. I rate this dress a (7.5/10)

Elizabeth- Nicki looked so cute in this year’s Met Gala. I love her dress and the flowers around it ARE SO CUTE. Yellow is her color. The only thing is that her hair looks weird, but other than that she looks super cute. So I rate this look a (7-10).

9. Lana Del Rey- Lana wore a custom Alexander McQueen dress to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- Lana’s outfit ate, I really liked how she looked in this dress. The only thing I disliked about this outfit was the thing going over her face, but other than that she looked gorgeous. I rate this fit a (7/10).

Elizabeth- Lana’s gown looks amazing on her. The only thing I didn’t like is the weird thing she has on her head, but other than that like Cayleigh said she ate -(7/10).

10. Ed Sheeran- Ed Sheeran wore a bespoke powder-blue suit from Stella McCartney to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)- 

Cayleigh- Ed Sheeran looked very nice in this light blue powdered suit. I think that it looks nice and matches the theme very well. I rate this outfit a (8/10).

Elizabeth- Ed Sheeran looks pretty good in the Met Gala and it’s kind of on theme, but I like the color, so (7/10).

11. Lil Nas X-  Lil Nas X wore a white set by Luar to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate-

Cayleigh- I really like this outfit because it’s very simple and I like how it suits him. I think this is one of the best outfits I’ve seen so far, I actually really like this one. I rate this outfit a (9.5/10).

Elizabeth-  I really like this outfit and I know I’ve been talking about theme a lot and he is not really on it, but it’s good, so (7/10).

12. Chris Hemsworth- Chris wore a three-piece, cream-colored Tom Ford suit to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- I really like this outfit, I think it suits him nicely. I like how the cream color matches the theme. I rate this outfit an (8.5/10).

Elizabeth– This outfit it’s basic, it’s classy, but not like the basic black and white tux. I rate this a (8/10)

13. Kelsea Ballerini- Kelsea wore a couture Michael Kors Collection to this year’s Met Galla.

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- I love how this dress matches the theme perfectly. I think she looks amazing in this dress. I rate her outfit a (10/10). I really like how it shows off the theme with the pink flowers and beige coloring.

Elizabeth- Her gown is so beautiful and she looks amazing. I don’t know who she is, but her dress is super on the theme. There is nothing I don’t dislike about this dress, so (10/10).

14. Chase Stokes- Chase wore a black Michael Kors Collection suit to this year’s Met Gala.

Rate(1-10)- 

Cayleigh- I don’t really know how I feel about this outfit. I mean usually, Chase has some good clothes, but I don’t really like this one. I mean no offense to Chase, he’s an amazing actor and stuff, but this outfit did not eat. I rate this outfit a (4/10).

Elizabeth- Ummmm… He looks interesting because he’s not wearing a shirt and his hair  looks super weird and the PANTS. This look is not it –(3/10).

15. Sydney Sweeney- Sydney wore a gorgeous gown with floral embellishments for this year’s red carpet and a brown triangle top with black beading.

Rate(1-10)-

Cayleigh- Sydney is so gorgeous, oh my god. I think she looks absolutely stunning in this dress. This is honestly my favorite outfit out of every outfit. I rate this fit a (10/10).

Elizabeth- She looks super cute. I love her dress. The color looks super good on her and it matches the theme too. I think she should stay with her blond hair, but I rate this a (10/10).