• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Allie Flannery Sings at Fenway Park!

Laurie Flannery

On May 25, 2024, Oakmont Sophmore, Allie Flannery had the amazing opportunity to sing the national anthem at Fenway Park before the Red Sox game. She represented Oakmont in an incredible way with her performance. 

Her whole life, Allie has been passionate about singing. She says, “It all started when I sang Hallelujah with my brother, Sam playing piano in the third grade.” In Fourth grade Allie was asked to sing the national anthem for the first time at her brother’s travel basketball game. In her seventh-grade year, she had the opportunity to sing for the Woo Sox. Over the years she has sung for dozens of Basketball, Baseball, and Lacrosse games too. She has also sung for the Woo Sox a few times since.

When Allie was asked how she got this opportunity to sing for the Red Sox, she explained that it was a few things over time. She performs and competes her own music at a club in Boston called Lorettas where she made it into the Grand Finale which allowed her to sing the national anthem at the Woo Sox back in 2021. This performance led her to be able to have the opportunity to sing at Fenway. Allie decided to submit a video of her singing the national anthem at the Woo Sox to Red Sox. Six weeks later she found out she was picked to sing. When Allie was asked how she felt when she found out, she said, “I was extremely happy, but also in shock that I was about to sing at Fenway.”

When Allie was asked how she felt about the performance she said, “Those next few weeks I tried not to think about it too much, because if I did I might have panicked. But, when the moment came, the nerves kicked in. When I stepped onto the field, it was like a wave had hit me. Butterflies were in my stomach, but the feeling of excitement was stronger.” After she said she was ecstatic. Allie says that everyone at Fenway was so kind and supportive to her. “During my performance, people were cheering me on, and that gave me so much joy. I was proud that I was able to represent my country, especially on Memorial Day weekend.” Allie says she is so grateful for everyone who has supported her and helped her reach her goals. 

In the future Allie hopes to one day be able to sing the anthem for the Boston Celtics. She also hopes to release her own music. If you would like to see her sing the anthem and more you can find it on her YouTube channel Allie Flannery. Allie is an amazing, talented singer who is certain to do incredible things in the future.