Breaking News
  • June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Track Post-Season Updates

Earlier this month, Oakmont’s Track and Field headed into post-season with participation in the District Championship. These amazing athletes put forth great effort, the boys team placed seventh out of eighteen teams, and the girls placed twelfth. The next step was the League Championship. The performances there not only brought many points and medals in for the team, but also gave the opportunity to bring athletes on the team to the Division Five State Championships. Out of over twenty Oakmont athletes competing, a few stood out, their hard work bringing home two medals on night one. Senior Sara Curran placed second in pole vault, while junior Justin Kipp made fourth in discus! Day two was another very successful day for Oakmont, Senior Travis Rusak, already a record breaker, was named meet champion in javelin. Junior Molly Horgan placed third in javelin, Justin Kipp placed fourth in shot put, and Senior Gael Vera placed fifth in high jump. These incredible athletes continue to impress. More hardwork will be showcased very soon at the All State Meet of Champions. Let’s go Spartans!