Breaking News
  • June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Should teens drink Celsius?

Should teens be allowed to drink Celsius?

Many teens drink energy drinks for the wrong reasons. So really should teens be drinking energy drinks? These past couple of years more and more kids are drinking celsius. Many parents may let their kids drink these because they say they are healthy energy drinks but what if I tell you they are not?  Celsius has many hazardous ingredients. Here are some of the products you should not be drinking. According to Google, these are some effects of drinking Celsius ¨The presence of multiple stimulating ingredients like caffeine, guarana seed extract, and green tea extract can amplify the potential for adverse effects like anxiety, increased heart rate, and nervousness, he explains.¨Some other things celsius will do to you is increase heart rate, give you liver problems, give you high anxiety which is what google was saying above. Celsius has an average of  200 milligrams of caffeine in every can. That is twice as much as even just a Red Bull! 

Freshman Adrienne Laramee thinks that energy drinks are good. Adrienne said ¨I drink Celsius often and couldn’t imagine how much caffeine is in the small can.¨

Freshman Bailey Willyard thinks that Celsius is also good. She said ¨ I know that Celsius is bad for you but I love them so I don’t care.¨

Freshman Francesca Donahue says  ¨ I like Celsius but sometimes the carbonation is too much. The flavors are so good though and there are so many to choose from.¨ 

As you can tell, many teens love Celsius. But should they be drinking them? I think one every once in a while is ok. But I think that having one every day or even more than one every day is not good. I just think that is too much caffeine for me. And I just don’t want to have heart problems and that’s why I think teens shouldn’t be drinking celsius.