• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Oakmont Howls For the Last Time at School Tours

Gina Richey

This past Friday, June 7, Oakmont’s music program had its last performance of the year: School Tours. It has become an annual event for Oakmont’s Marching Spartans, Winter Percussion, Winter Guard, Jazz Band, and Select Choir to perform for the other schools in our district. Nearing the end of the school year each year, the groups listed above travel to Overlook Middle School, John R. Briggs Elementary School, and Westminster Elementary School to perform with the goal of showing the younger students what a great music program Oakmont has to offer.

The Marching Spartans performed their halftime show A Grimm Tale, the Winter Percussion performed their show Pure Imagination, and the Winter Guard performed their show Inside The Heist. The Jazz Band performed many songs including Doozy, Barnburner, Lady Bird, Hit The Ground Running, Cry Me a River, and Second Line. The Select Choir performed songs such as Can’t Help Falling in Love, Evergreen, Trashin’ the Camp, and True Colors.

After all of their performances, the Oakmont Music Program returned to Oakmont for a barbecue where they wrapped up their 2023-2024 seasons and said goodbye to the seniors for the last time.

The Oakmont Music Program will start back up very soon with the Marching Spartans’ first rehearsal THIS TUESDAY, June 11, 2024, from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. If you have any interest in learning a new instrument, joining the color guard, or simply just want to know more about the program, we hope to see you there!