• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Movie Review: The Strangers: Chapter 1

Imagine you’re alone. In a house belonging to a stranger. In the woods, miles away from any civilization. Then you hear it. Knock, Knock, Knock. Do you go and open the door or do you wait for it to come find you?

The Strangers: Chapter 1 was released in theatres on May 17th, 2024, making this the third movie in the series. Chapter 2 is coming out in the fall of 2024 and we now know they will make a chapter 3.

This movie was about a couple experiencing car trouble, so they stopped in a small town until the problem was solved. They ended up staying at a small cabin in the woods away from everyone. It starts with a creepy knock at the door, and then the 3 “strangers” work to tie up their victims and kill them.

The thing I find most frightening about this movie is that it is based on a true story. Before the movie starts, the statistics of gruesome murders are shown making it feel even more real. This movie was slightly based on the director’s childhood experiences mixed with the Manson Family Murders.

The Director says that when he was a child, he was home alone with his sibling and they heard a knocking at the door. They opened the door and the mysterious person asked for someone who didn’t live there, just like in the movie. They later learned that, although there were no murders, the strangers were breaking into the houses that had nobody home, robbing them.

The series itself is pretty good! A lot of jumpscares you weren’t expecting made the movie way more fun. This movie is not for the weak. If you really want to watch it, go right ahead. Madelaine Petsch and Froy Gutierrez perfectly executed the roles of Maya and Ryan the main characters who were being hunted by the strangers: Scarecrow (Matus Lajcak), Dollface (Olivia Kreutzova), and Pin-Up Girl (Letizia Fabbri).

Although the movie was basically a redo of the first Strangers movie, it was still portrayed perfectly. Overall, we would totally recommend this movie to anyone who is brave enough to watch it.

View Comments (2)