Spartans Attend Boys/Girls State Conference

Students from left to right. Henry Telicki, Cate Telicki, Caitlin Cormier, Delaney Taylor, Lydia Kriedler, Helen Yan, and Thomas Paine.

During the last week of school for the 2021-2022 school year, seven of our very own Spartans attended the Massachusetts Boys/Girls State Conference. The conference, held at Stonehill College located in Easton, MA, welcomed over seven hundred staters for the week. Boys/Girls State is sponsored by the American Legion and the American Legion Auxiliary. 

Their mission is to inspire the youth to understand politics as well as stay active in them. Throughout the week, both boys and girls staters were able to attend miniature courses that helped them to better understand government, law and economics. Staters were also able to hear from over seven guest speakers, who commented on all different aspects of political literacy. The Boys/Girls State program is held annually in the month of June. The program is open for application to students in their junior year of high school, who have in an interest in civics, law, politics, economics, etc.