Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Cote

In Room 304 is the head of the Oakmont English Department who can always make you laugh with her sarcastic sense of humor, or can brighten your day with a snack or even a hug. 

Mrs. Jennifer Perkins Cote, a veteran teacher of 27 years, is one of the most popular teachers in the school. But don’t be fooled, if you step out of line, you may find yourself having a come to Jesus moment. But sometimes that’s all a student needs is to know a teacher cares, and you get that in Room 304. 

Cote grew up in Fitchburg, MA, and lived there until she was 15 when her family moved to Phillipston, MA.  She attended Cushing Academy in Ashburnham, MA, and graduated in 1991. Cote also swam for Greenwood Memorial in Gardner, MA since she was 5 years old.  

Cote attended Syracuse University where she majored in Art History and swam for the Syracuse Orangemen her Freshman year.  After leaving Syracuse, she then attended Fitchburg State University where she got her teaching degree. After student teaching at Fitchburg High School, she and Mr. Cote (her husband and our Assistant Principal) moved to Oregon. After moving back to Mass in August of 1996, she got a job at Oakmont Regional High School and has worked here ever since. Personally, Mrs.Cote is one of my favorite teachers here at Oakmont and she always puts a smile on my face. So if you are looking for an elective for your senior year I would highly recommend checking out Mrs. Cote’s class.