Music Production: How Did the First Year Go?

The Music Department offered a brand new class this school year: Music Production. The class requires no prior musical experience and has a purpose of making modern music production and engineering fun. The new course focuses on fostering the practice of where technology and music worlds intersect. Students are offered hands-on opportunities and experiences of making beats and music patterns that would be used in music production. With a project-based class, they are able to create and arrange music while grasping a greater understanding of the actual production. 

Junior Ryan Mayne, a student that is currently enrolled in Music Production, stated, “I really enjoyed the class; it gave me a chance to be creative in ways that I wouldn’t have thought of.” 

Another student that is currently enrolled in the class, sophomore Emily Gaudet, commented “I really enjoyed music production because it gave me an opportunity to create my own music and gave me an idea of what I would like to do with my future.”

The teacher of this class, Mr. Kris DeMoura, stated, “I hope the class will inspire some students to get more involved in the music ensembles offered here as well as instill some more inspiration to students to make their own music.” 

In order to prove how successful the class was, an entire Music Production class was asked if they would recommend this class to others. All students stated that they would recommend it. It is encouraged for every student to take this class as no prior knowledge or experience is required and it will spark all students’ creative sides.