Breaking News
  • May 9Prom Saturday 5/18 at the Colonial Hotel!
  • May 9Varsity Baseball and Softball Cancer Awareness Game- Monday 5/13

Apple cider doughnuts at their finest

Nivia Torres

There is nothing better than having apple cider doughnuts with a creamy ball of vanilla bean ice cream on a windy Sunday during the Fall. Apple cider doughnuts are the tastiest dessert for the fall, and it’s worth the time making them. These doughnuts first originated in Harlem, New York, and ever since the year 1951, they have spread all throughout America. They have been the tastiest, and one of the most popular Fall desserts. Apple cider doughnuts are originally “Cake doughnuts”, that gain their flavor from mixing cinnamon, apple cider, and nutmeg.    

Apple cider doughnuts can be topped with virtually anything. They could even be topped with butter and would still taste amazing. These doughnuts are for all; they’re sweet, but not too sweet, yet definitely capable of accomplishing what a sweet tooth is looking for. The essential ingredient for apple cider doughnuts has to be the apple cider. Apple cider is so sweet, almost like a naturally sugary apple juice. Without the apple cider, these doughnuts would be nothing. There would be no flavor, no softness, and no  happiness. 

Apple cider doughnuts take almost no time to make. They take about thirty five to fifty minutes, which isn’t long at all when compared to a regular doughnut, which could take over thirty minutes just for its dough to rise. A good way to finish an apple cider doughnut is by adding a good amount of vanilla bean ice cream on top. Vanilla bean ice cream can also be made at home. With a little bit of heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, vanilla beans, and some egg yolks, the perfect vanilla bean ice cream can be made. 

Apple cider doughnuts are delicious, and with the vanilla bean ice cream on top they taste even better. These doughnuts are absolutely worth the time and effort that goes into making them. This is a great treat to make for Fall, and perfect to bring to family/friend gatherings. 

View Comments (3)