• May 9Prom Saturday 5/18 at the Colonial Hotel!
  • May 9Varsity Baseball and Softball Cancer Awareness Game- Monday 5/13

Top 3 POP Songs

Pop seems to be the popular type of music genre among teens  in this generation and has definitely been many teens’ most heard music. Pop contains upbeat music, often used for exercising, and sometimes to motivate you to do things. Here are the top three of people’s favorite songs and their artists!

First Song would definitely be Redemption” by Drake. This song has a great and almost like a soothing beat. This song is a love song and expresses the love that Drake had with a person, but then how his love with this person came to an end. Drake has had the talent and ability to write songs about his past and current life, and also writes songs at a very quick speed. This song is relaxing in a way and also has a really deep and relatable message behind it too. Drake recently released an album called “For the Dogs”. The album has great artists, and it’s worth listening to. 

Another favorable song by the people is, “Wet Dreamz”, by J Cole. Wet Dreamz was released in 2014; although it is an old song, this song is still frequently heard by many J Cole fans. J Cole himself has been a singer since he was 12 years old, and he became more involved in the music industry when he released a debut mixtape, “The Come Up”, in early 2007. J Cole’s music has been greatly heard all over the world. He talks about real world issues, his struggles that he faced as he grew up as a kid, and about his family. J Cole is truly one of the realest artists out there that isn’t ashamed of talking about how hard his life was, and his music has really shown the type of person he is. 

Last, but not least, Abel Tesfaye also known as “The Weeknd”.He  is a very famous song writer and is actually the first most heard song writer in the world right now! One of his most popular albums “Starboy” has 10 billion streams on Spotify! The Weeknd performed in the Super Bowl LV halftime show. The Weeknd’s music has really spread across the world and has made a lot of impact on the people too. The Weeknd has very relatable music. He talks a lot about his love life, and his life before he became really well known by the world. He makes his music sound great.