‘yes, and?’ – Ariana Grande Review

Ariana Grande makes a comeback with a new single
Physical and digital cover photo of yes, and?
Physical and digital cover photo of ‘yes, and?’

It’s early 2024 – and musical artist Ariana Grande is finally back. After not releasing an album since October of 2020, she is back with a new album; ‘eternal sunshine’, releasing March 8. To get people prepared for this new album, Grande released a new single from the album on January 12. 

This new song, titled ‘yes, and?’, celebrates Grande’s comeback. The lyrics are from Grande herself, and the single was produced and directed by Grande, Max Martin, and Ilya Salmanzadeh. With inspiration from Madonna’s ‘Vogue’, and being in the genre of Pop and House, the song has a catchy and runway-type beat to it. With a 40-second-long intro building up the rest of the song, Grande certainly gets people ready for the meaningful lyrics she delivers. 

The lyrics Grande writes for this song voice how she feels about how other people view her. She addresses many things said about her, saying how people never understand what others are going through, and how she doesn’t care about what others say about her.

Many are unsure of the lyrics and beat of the song; many saying it sounds like something they would hear in a H&M dressing room. Some call the lyrics, ‘insentitive and rude’. I, personally, love the song. Though I do think some of the lyrics are a bit shocking to hear, I think that Grande does deliver a powerful message that she has been meaning to get across for a while. 

As this is her comeback single for her new album, it has been extremely successful. For the Billboard Hot 100 list for the week of January 22, the song debuted at Number 1. With this new single, Grande is entering a new era, which will be one to remember.