• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

A New Era For The Patriots

The NFL draft took place on April 25-27 and the New England team; the Patriots, hoped to choose a new player that would lift them from their decline in the previous season. Due to their lack of performance last year, the Patriots had the 3rd pick overall. They had many available options to go forward with. The Patriots also traded QB Mac Joes during the off-season.

The Patriots settled on the number 3 ranked quarterback, Drake Maye for their first-round pick. Drake Maye is a 21-year-old quarterback who attended UNC and played for the North Carolina Tar Heels. Drake Maye was the 3rd of 6 quarterbacks taken in the first round, and will wear number 10 on the New England Patriots.

Optimistically, this trade will mean better things for the Patriots in the future and improve their winning probability. Last season the Pats won 4 games out of 17 which meant they missed playoffs for the second time in the last 3 years. Hopefully, this turning of a new leaf will brighten the future of the Patriots.

A supporter of the draft pick; Kaden Aubin said, “I do feel like Drake Maye was the right choice considering where we were in the draft and what we needed for our team.” Mac Jones was our starting quarterback last year so it is safe to assume that, because we lost so many games, we should have gone for a new quarterback. As Kaden stated, “While the option of trading down for multiple picks could have worked out, we needed a franchise QB.” Hopefully, the Patriots have made the right choice for their team and it works out in their favor. Kaden added, “It’s definitely too early to tell how he’ll do (Drake Maye) but the Patriots have got a really talented quarterback in their roster”.