Breaking News
  • April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

10 quick tips to help you study!

Julia Feeley
A nice study setup!

As school starts to move to a regular pace, some classes are already having tests. How do you study for the test and actually remember what you learned?  Here are some tips for the rest of the year.

1. The first thing you need to do is get folders for all of your classes. This helps you keep your homework organized and ensures you will stay on top of it. 
  2. Once you have your folders, now comes the problem of studying. You need to make sure you have a quiet place. It’s best if it’s decluttered. You don’t have to clean your desk if you don’t want to, but it’s beneficial. 
  3. Try out a calming study playlist. Try to add songs with no words so they don’t distract you. You can also find free playlists on Spotify or any other music streaming service you use. 
  4. Turn off your phone. You may say you don’t need to and that it won’t distract you, but that’s not true. I’ve said it before then picked up my phone and forgot all about my homework. So if you really want to pass that test, turn it off!
  5. Now that you have your space set up you need to transition to studying.
  6. DON’T MULTITASK! If you are struggling with a problem, give it your complete focus. 
  7. If you can’t figure out the problem, ask someone to explain it to you. This could be an older sibling, parent, or teacher. 
  8. If you absolutely have to Google an answer, don’t just copy it down onto the paper. Try to find a website that will explain the problem to you, but watch out cause most of them are blocked on the school Chromebooks. 
  9. Set a timer to get your work done. This depends on your schedule, but a good amount of time to section off for studying is 2 hours. 
  10. Overall, don’t stress too much. If you’ve done all of these things you have a good chance of passing!