Breaking News
  • April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

GSA’s Nintendo Tourney a SMASH for Oakmont

Nintendo Night was hosted by Oakmont’s GSA Club and adviser Mr. Alex Dewhurst on Thursday, October 26th. Nintendo Night consisted of lots of snacks and playing Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart both on the Nintendo Switch. In a tourney-style format, “Grand Tourney” winners earned gift cards. Our winners were sophomores Maxn Graham for Smash Brothers out-lasting everyone with Jigglypuff, and junior Jack Scofield for Mario Kart for outracing everyone and not losing a single game with Princess Peach and Birdo.

Mr. Billings carving his way to the Grand Tourney Finals (Kelly Sandmann )

Nintendo Night was wild, but fun, with a teacher Mr. Billings even competing and earning a trip into finals in both Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart. Others like Principal Lizotte, Mr. Aidoock, Mr. Cote, and Mr. Nevard stopped by to witness the competition and fun.

Overall, I think Nintendo Night was amazing and will surely be up for a repeat.

Tourney 1 – seeing who can move on to the finals. (Kelly Sandmann)