• April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Opinion: Snow, snow, go away

Genesis Cruz Torres

I know in advance that I’m going to get flamed, since everyone loves snow because of Christmas and snow days. Personally though, I don’t really see the hype in this thing called snow.

To start, snow is so unneeded in the world.  The only time it is “necessary” is when winter starts (snow is like the whole point and lovable part of winter), and when you want to have a “perfect Christmas”, where snow is falling from the sky and it seems like you’re in a cliché Christmas movie. Other than that, there’s just no point.

Of course, people always say “Oh, but what about snow days”, or “Snow day this… no school yay.” When we miss school from the snow though, we add more to the summer. This means less summer vacation, more school life, and who wants that? Nobody. Absolutely nobody. Missing school because of snow or ice is so annoying, but it’s not something we can stop because we can’t control the weather.

Snow brings another downside and that’s ice. Not the good ice that you get from your freezer, but the ice that makes you fall in front of everyone. I highly dislike ice. It’s my worst enemy, and it’s everyone’s worst enemy when driving. I don’t drive, but I can tell that it’s a pain, since black ice is practically invisible if you aren’t looking straight at the ground. You want to know what makes ice when it’s wintertime? Snow, it’s snow. When snow melts it turns into water, which freezes into ice depending on the weather (32℉ or 0℃ and lower). Don’t get me started on what rain causes, because that’s a whole other story.