Breaking News
  • April 26Morgan's Message Girls' Lacrosse Game May 2nd 4:00 PM Start (ceremony before)
  • April 26Morgan's Message Baseball Game May 1st 3:30 PM Start (ceremony before)

Keep it local for your Valentine’s Day gifts: 5 Ideas

1. Priscilla’s Candy Shop

If you are looking for a great place to get chocolates and other candies, Priscilla’s Candy Shop is the way to go. This is a local store right in Gardner located on Main Street. It is known for its homemade chocolates and who doesn’t love a box of those on Valentine’s Day.

1. Erickson Silver Shop

Ella Dellasanta 

Another common gift for Valentine’s Day is usually jewelry. Also located in Gardner on Green Street, there is a local jeweler that makes the most unique pieces. Some common items that people love: there are the rings and the bracelet cuffs. What is special about this jewelry shop is that the items that the jeweler makes are usually all engraved with the individual’s initials so it is extra personal and special.  

1. Mill No. 3

Mill No.3 plant selection (Ella Dellasanta)

Flowers are always something that people love getting on Valentine’s Day. If you want to spice it up and get a beautiful bouquet or even a plant, Mill Number 3 in Fitchburg is a great place for this. There is a full greenhouse attached to the cute gift shop with succulents, hanging plants, regular plants, and lots of flowers.

1. Pizza from Logan’s Table. (Ella Dellasanta)

Logan’s Table 

You can never go wrong with a certificate to a restaurant for a nice dinner on this holiday. Logan’s Table in Leominster is the perfect spot. This is an affordable restaurant that is cute, cozy and delicious. It is also owned by local chef and Oakmont alumni Logan Boudreau. It has a little bit of everything on the menu and the desserts are to die for. If you want to mix it up from the normal restaurants you always go to, this is a perfect spot for a nice dinner that is not too fancy but also not too casual.  

1. Art on the Rocks

Pottery painting offered at Art on the Rocks. (Ella Dellasanta)

The last local spot that can make someone’s Valentine’s Day extra special is a date night idea instead of an ordinary gift. Pottery painting is an activity that people often forget about, but can be very enjoyable. Art on the Rocks in Gardner right by the movie theaters and Papa Gino’s is a great way that you can get away for a day or night and do painting/pottery with your special someone.