• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Summer Must-Haves

Summer Must-Haves

Weather is getting warmer, days are getting longer, and summer is almost here, but what are some things you can buy to help prepare for it?

Most Important Must-Haves
Some summer essentials might be considered more significant than others, but one of the most important must-haves is sunscreen. This is important because it helps to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays that cause skin cancer and it can help prevent premature aging. Also, you can still get tan wearing sunscreen.
Another crucial item to have during the summer is a good insulated water bottle. You should have a water bottle on you especially when you are outside so staying hydrated and water helps maintain body temperature to cool you off on hot days. Having a bottle that’s insulated is great because it will keep your ice from melting and your water from getting warm.
The last summer must-have that is definitely more important than some others is a good quality swimsuit. This is most certainly a must during the summer because most places won’t allow anything but a bathing suit when it comes to swimming. Another thing is to get a good quality swimsuit over one from somewhere like 5 Below or Dollar Tree because ones from low-quality stores won’t hold up and could be see-through, overall it’s better to splurge a little then have to constantly have to buy new bathing suits.

Beach Essentials
Regular summer must-haves can be way different from things you might carry at the beach, obviously you’re going to have a beach towel and your swimsuit but what are some other things you can bring to create a better experience?
If you plan to be swimming in the ocean you can bring a boogie board to ride the waves, the great thing about boogie boards is that you can practically find them anywhere for a low price.
If you plan to lay on the beach and tan you might have browning lotion or tanning gel with you but something you can really improve your experience is a tanning chair. These can be great for just lounging around or you can lay on your stomach and tan your back.
If you burn easily and don’t like tanning a great essential for you could be a small cabana tent. Although these can be a little more pricey they are great for if you’re at the beach with your family and need a space or to avoid getting burnt.

Summer Fun Must-Haves
You have your just overall essentials for summer but these items are great for when you want to have fun in sun. A fun game you can find for low prices is cornhole, they make glow-in-the-dark cornhole, ones with holes for different amounts of points and so many others.
A fun option for if you have a pool is an inflatable volleyball net. It is easy to set up and you can play with just one friend or a whole group and the best thing is you can play volleyball with the water cooling you off.
The last summer must-have for when you want to have fun in the sun is badminton. This is great to play with your friends and you can play this game with or without a net, all you need is a racket and a birdie.

Overall, summer is a time to have fun and live life to the fullest some things will only make summer better in the end.