One fan’s opinion on the LAST PLACE Red Sox

Ben Forbes

It was anything but “So good, so good, so good’’ for the Red Sox this season. The Red Sox have almost completely rebranded their name. They should just put a big fat rollercoaster right on the green monster because that is exactly what the last 4 years have been under the disgraceful leadership of GM Chaim Bloom. He impressively managed to take the 108 Win 2018 Red Sox and turn them into the .500 Red Sox that we have had the pain of watching for the last 3 years. The once talented, exciting, and solid team has been completely replaced by the mediocrity and analytic-driven junk squad. People like Chaim Bloom are not meant for Boston and never will be. He sits in front of the computer and does exactly what it tells him to. You wanted pitching at the deadline? Hmmm, but the computer says if we keep the piece of paper you call Chris Sale and have a bullpen game every 5th day, it will somehow turn into a playoff trip. The problem with Chaim Bloom and computers is they lack common sense. The biggest win of the Red Sox season was Chaim Bloom getting fired. He destroyed the team and took away three years of our lives and to be honest, if the Red Sox want to have any shot at a World Series in the next ten years they need to spend money and take the computer, calculators, and FanGraphs websites and destroy all of it. The Red Sox are not a franchise that waits to make decisions. We used to fight for players and they wanted to play here. Instead, we have to watch 13 different starting pitchers and 47 different lineups. Oh and when they do spend money who do they spend it on? Corey Kluber has not had an ERA of below 4 in 3 years and is 37 years old. He only started 9 games with an ERA of 7. This is possibly the worst year of Red Sox baseball since the 2011 ending which left them just out of the playoffs. The only hope is the next GM comes in and completely reshapes whatever narrative is happening in the ownership box. Oh by the way Mookie Betts is 2nd in MVP polls right now and the BALTIMORE ORIOLES WON THE DIVISION BY WINNING A GAME AGAINST YOU!!