Breaking News

2024 Halftime show review

Creative+Common+Licenses+
Creative Common Licenses

Usher Raymond IV, professionally known as Usher, sang at the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show. He sang a mix of his most popular songs including “Caught up” and “Yeah”. The entire show was about 13 minutes long, and he kept everyone entertained with the bright lights and dancing.

Most people that we have asked were disappointed with Usher’s performance, but in our opinion the performance was okay. The entertainment factor was not great until the last four minutes when he sang “Yeah”. We liked the dancing, but our favorite part was when the roller skaters came out. We also thought the background dancer’s costumes were really original and creative in the beginning.

Usher was joined with Alicia Keys, Jermaine Dupri, H.E.R., will.i.am, Lil Jon, and Ludacris. Many people speculated that there was something going on with Usher and Alicia Keys. The two have been friends for more than 20 years and are very close. They held each other during the performance, forming the speculations that there was more going on. H.E.R. played the opening chords for the song “Bad Girl” with an electric guitar. Usher sang “OMG” with will.i.am who also made an appearance while Usher sang his hit song “Yeah!”. Lil Jon was featured in the songs “Turn Down for What” and “Yeah!” with Ludacris. Jermaine Dupri was also on stage, many wondered who styled him and what they were thinking.

Taylor Swift was offered the chance to sing at the halftime show but she refused because she was too busy working on her album. There was also a theory that Justin Bieber would be performing with Usher, but he turned down the opportunity because he “wasn’t really ready”.

The performance by Usher was loved mostly by millennials because of Usher’s popularity in the early 2000’s. Some say that the halftime show in 2024 was much better than the one in 2023 because of the performance being “indecent and unoriginal”. Many younger people we asked thought the performance was bad because of the song choices and thought it was boring. Overall the halftime show could have been better but people have such high expectations, it is probably hard to meet them.