• June 23Repeat: Oakmont Baseball Wins State Championship . . . again

Gold or Silver: What Do You Choose?

Gold or Silver: What Do You Choose?

Gold or Silver: What do you choose?

By Cecilia Sears

You are looking at a new necklace online, the two most popular options, are gold or silver. What do you pick? It truly depends on you as a person, your style, skin color, hair color, and even your personality. 

According to Refinery 29, a person with warmer undertones should invest in gold jewelry and people with deeper/darker undertones should try silver. 

Silver is also said to sparkle and glimmer next to darker colors (this is where hair color comes in). When choosing to purchase that silver or gold necklace, take a peek at your hair color. Are you brunette, blonde, or maybe even ginger? This can determine the best jewelry coloring for you. Cool-toned gingers are more complimented by silver and white golds. But a person with warmer-toned ginger hair should be advised to stick to gold or even rose gold. Moving on, brunette people may want to stick to gold jewelry. Brunette people obviously have dark hair which makes the warmth of gold jewelry contrast beautifully with their darkly shaded hair. Lastly, blondes should purchase silver jewelry. This is because silver can give that fresh and clean look, especially to those with light hair. 

Does a metal color still wash you out? Let’s move on to your eye color. People with blue eyes are advised to stick to silver, silver jewelry can draw a lot of attention and make your unique blue eyes pop. Silver can also be a great choice for those with green eyes. Most people with brown eyes have warm undertones making gold a high-value choice. 

You finally decide on a necklace shade, where are the best affordable and high-quality places to purchase jewelry? For gold jewelry, an affordable place is TJ Maxx and a higher-end store is Kendra Scott. For those looking for silver jewelry a more affordable place is also TJ Maxx and a high-quality store is Tiffany & CO. 

Mixing silver and gold is becoming more trendy, and exploring the trend looks more interesting every day. Exploring these metals together can offer a more unique and custom look. Here’s a quick guide on how to combine your jewelry colors. An easy way to start is to start with a bracelet that has both silver and gold crafted into it, let these pieces be the base. Wearing silver and gold works beautifully when you add a bright burst of color, this can mean wearing a bright, pendant necklace or even colorful earrings. When picking out pieces, you will want to layer with multiple.  

Ultimately, whatever metal color you decide it should entirely be your own preference. Your sense of style, and your budget are all different from others. We recommend taking a time too mix and match with different styles to find your preferred jewelry.